You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on advertising or an SEO agency to get traffic, you need a few key understandings of how traffic works – combined with these powerful techniques of 10 Things You Need to Do to Drive Traffic to your website.
Your business success really does come down to your website traffic.
IF PEOPLE AREN’T SEEING YOUR BUSINESS – THEY AREN’T BUYING FROM YOUR BUSINESS.
Website traffic is the foundation for you to create a community, introduce your products and services, and share your expertise.
So if you’ve been looking for proven ways to drive traffic to your website, here is what you need to do right now:
1) Pinterest – Pin Pin Pin. Pinterest is in itself a search engine and if you want to be found by the millions of users, you need to be sharing your content there. Every time you post a new blog post, new product, or new service – you should pin that to Pinterest.
Make a “Pinnable Image” on every single blog post. A pinnable image is an image that you add to your blog posts that has the title of your blog post on it. This is what you will use to share your blog posts to Pinterest. This is also what other people will use to save your blog posts to Pinterest.
If you want to start driving significant traffic to your website, you have to have this graphic. This can make or break your Pinterest success.
Keep in mind that you'll want to add your own description to your Pinterest Pins. Use keywords related to your product or article in order to help them more readily appear when someone searches for the content. Pins can also be promoted. Pinterest shows more people the popular pins. So as it starts to get repinned, it will be at the top of search results.
2) SEO Everything - Search engine optimize every blog post, every social media post, every image. Use the keywords you want your website or article to be found from and put them in your titles, in your content, name your images with the keywords and make sure you share those same titles on SEO. This helps keep a congruent string of keywords linking back to your post. This can be a huge boost in search engine traffic.
3) Social Media Bios – This is a hidden gem for traffic. Put your website url in every single social media bio you have. You’ll be amazed at how much traffic this drives to your website.
4) Revive Old Posts – After you write a blog post, you don’t really continue to promote it. You move on and promote your recent articles. Consider promoting some of your old posts from time to time. You will be so happy with the results and traffic you get from sharing your existing content.
5) Keep Content Fresh - Consider having a blog on your website where you can post articles, tips and other relevant content. This will keep readers interested and help them to continue to come back. This will allow them to view you as an expert professional in your subject area.
6) Email Marketing – Emailing your subscribers can drive high quality traffic to your website. You can write your blog posts in the email with a link back to the entire article. Or you can send a roundup of articles you’ve written to encourage and entice readers to visit your website.
7) Facebook Groups – The goal here is not to spam all your Facebook groups with links to your blog. If you’re engaging and networking in Facebook groups and you see an opportunity to share an article you’ve written that can help or provide value to someone – share your post! Make sure you’re allowed to share in that group, many groups have rules in place to keep the groups clean and relevant so double check before you drop your link.
8) Facebook Advertising – Facebook ads are a very popular and effective technique for driving traffic to your website. Even a few dollars a day can make a huge difference. And if you’re getting people to subscribe to your email list, you can use your email marketing to drive these same visitors back to your site.
9) Link to Related Content on Your Website – When you write your posts, be sure to link to other articles you’ve written that are relevant. This gives more value to your readers, helps with SEO, and increases the time people are on your site, conversion rates, and referral traffic.
10) Social Share Buttons – These prompt your readers to share your articles with their social networks. Imagine if every one of your visitors shared some of your content with their network – that would be a HUGE traffic driver! Readers can easily share with a click of a button AND they’re more inclined to share when you prompt them too!
NOW YOU HAVE 10 ROCK SOLID STRATEGIES THAT YOU CAN IMPLEMENT NOW TO START GETTING MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE. 10 Things You Need to Do to Drive Traffic to Your Website!
Traffic means more readers, more people seeing your business, more people looking at your products, more people subscribing to your email list, and more people BUYING your products.
One of the biggest mistakes we see website and business owners make is creating a website and then letting it sit NOT focusing on how they’re going to get readers. If you write it – they will not just show up unless you take strategic steps to attract readers to your site. You don’t need hundreds of thousands of hits of traffic to get results online – but you do need a strategy and it stars with high quality traffic.
Do you have a goal in mind? Do you want them to subscribe to your email list? Look at your products? Buy your services?
Traffic is ONE aspect to running a successful business online – having a plan for what to do with that traffic is the next step. You need to have a system in place to convert that traffic into buyers.
CONTACT US for assistance with website design that gets results! We can help you complete these 10 Things You Need to Do to Drive Traffic to your website.